Purchasing a lakefront home is much different from purchasing another type of property. In a lakefront home purchase you are not just purchasing a home you are purchasing part ownership in the lake as well as a whole new lifestyle. There are many questions and things to consider when buying a lakefront property and no two lakes are exactly alike. When you are considering purchasing a lakefront home or land it is a good idea to hire a local real estate agent experienced with lakefront properties and one that has knowledge about the specific lakes you are interested in living on.
Here are some advantages to hiring a buyers’ agent that is experienced with lake properties.
- Knowledge: An agent specializing in lakefront properties makes sure that they know the local lakes in the area that they work and serve. Each lake has its own set of characteristics and special things to note about living next to it, as does each home and the property that surrounds it. An experienced lakefront property buyers’ agent is going to know the right questions to ask not only the seller of the home but also you the buyer as well to ensure that the home you are about to buy is the best fit for what you are hoping and dreaming of.
- Saving Time: After your first initial meeting with your lakefront buyers’ agent where you ask the agent questions about their experience and they ask what you are looking for in lakefront property in detail, they will begin all the work of searching for a property that meets your criteria. You don’t have to go through the lengthy search and research process. Hiring a buyers’ agent is like hiring your own personal assistant for your buying process. You can save hours and hours of time by handing of this time-consuming task to someone who already knows the area and will have an expert idea of where to start searching for homes you are looking for.
- Free Help: When you hire a buyers’ agent it comes at no cost to you. Traditionally the buyers’ agent earns their commission as a percentage of the total amount of the home selling price and this is paid out of the profit from the sale. So it is sort of like the seller is paying the buyers’ agent as they did help the seller get the home sold.
- Guidance: With a buyers’ agent you can be sure that you have a skilled professional in the process that is solely looking out for you to ensure you are protected and aware of every step in the buying process. You can trust that when you ask them questions about the property and purchase that they will be completely honest with your best interests in mind.
Let me help you find your dream Clermont lake home. Contact me any time!
More Great Lakefront Tips:
- FAQ About Lake Homes You May Not Have Thought About
- 4 Steps to Take Before Buying Lakefront Property
- The Biggest Red Flags When Buying a House
- How a Pre-Approval Letter Can Save You Money